Thank you for subscribing to Lifestyle Dynamics.
Many e-mail and Internet companies are now using programs to block unwanted e-mail, often called spam. Sometimes, however, these programs block e-mail you want to get.
To Ensure You Are Receiving Your Lifestyle Dynamics Emails, Do The Following:
Be sure to add the corresponding Lifestyle Dynamics email addresses to your email whitelist to ensure the best chance of receiving our newsletters, tips & recipes.
A whitelist is a list of accepted items or persons in a set…. a list of e-mail addresses or domain names from which an e-mail blocking program will allow messages to be received.
Why is this important?
Unsolicited, unwanted advertising e-mail, commonly known as “spam”, has become a big problem. It’s become such a problem that most e-mail services and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have put some sort of blocking or filtering system in place or begun relying on self-proclaimed blacklists to tell the good guys from the bad.
We appreciate their intention to protect you from spam (we hate spam just like everyone else!), but everyone agrees that the current systems for stopping spam are far from a perfect solution. They often block e-mail that you’ve requested, but that fits somebody’s idea of what spam looks like. I’m sure you’ve experienced that! The more responsible anti-spam activists are working hard to cut down on these “false positives”, but in the mean time, you might unexpectedly find you’re not getting your emails from us…
As it happens, there’s something you can do to keep your emails from falling into the false positive trap. You can fight the blacklists with a “white-list”.
White-list us now, before your delivery is interrupted.
Of course, every e-mail system is different. Below are instructions for some of the more popular ones. If yours isn’t here, please contact your ISP’s customer service folks for their instructions. (Forward the answer to us, and we might add it!) If you’re using some sort of spam filtering or blocking software yourself (in addition to what your ISP provides), we’ve also listed instructions on how to exempt your Lifestyle Dynamics subscription from some of the more popular of those programs.
1. In your inbox, locate an email from email@example.com (ex. your welcome mail for the product you just purchased or your recent sign up).
2. Drag this email to the “Primary” tab of your inbox.
1. When opening an email message, a “+” symbol should display next to From: and the sender’s name.
2. Select this and an “Add to contacts” pop-up should appear. Select “Save”:
1. Select “Mail”
2. Click “Preferences” from the top menu.
3. In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
4. Click the “Add Rule” button.
5. In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
6. Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
Type the sender’s email address in the text field beside “Contains.”
8. Click “Ok” to save the rule.
Outlook 2003 & Later