Pumpkin Spice Latte! T’is the season! Boy, we all love them, but not all of us an drink them every day, right? And nor should. With a 16oz. grande topping in at 310 calories with a whopping 52g of carbs and 50g of sugar, the Starbucks favorite sure isn’t helping out your hips! And that is WITHOUT the whipped cream. Add that dollop and your looking at an extra 70 calories, doubling your saturated fat! Them’s some facts that sure take the fun out of a mid-afternoon dash to the ‘Bucks.
So, I wanted to make myself (and you) my very own healthier pumpkin latte that I could have in the morning without having to run on a treadmill the rest of the day to make up for it. So, this recipe is a take on my favorite daily beverage, Bulletproof Spiced Latte. To die for! and properly dubbed (I think) as the coffee drink that will change the way you do breakfast. It has for me!
This pumpkin spice latte that we are going to be making on our autumn mornings is more than a caffeine fix and morning happiness in a mug 🙂 – it’s a protein drink and meal replacement with healthy fats for clean energy and to get your mind clear, focused and humming alive for the day. Sign me up!
Now one of my favorite things to do is to figure out how to save time in the kitchen and make cooking once reap benefits over and over again. I wanted to do the same thing here with this recipe. A couple weeks ago I created an easy Crockpot Pumpkin Butter recipe and thought, well this is a perfect opportunity to make this recipe work double or triple time. This pumpkin butter is a joy for the fall season! Not only is it fantastic in this latte, but it’s also great stirred into yogurt or ice cream. (Trader Joe’s, eat your heart out!) I can’t wait to experiment with my own versions of these as well as a grain-free pumpkin butter thumbprint cookie for Halloween! Yes!
I think this recipe is delicious and extremely powerful and incredible for your health as it is but you can also add a scoop of collagen powder like I do sometimes. Collagen is amazing for hair, nails and skin and does wonders towards joint health. But with or without collagen powder, your body head to toe will thank you, your tastebuds included. 🙂
Still jonesing for more pumpkin treats? Check out our 30 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes, and for more fall fare, our 30 Healthy Apple Recipes are another mouse-click away. Don’t forget to check out some of our favorite holiday prep tools like our mandoline slicer, perfect for slicing all those fall veggies or for cutting your potatoes au gratin prep in half! Enjoy!
- 12 ounces brewed coffee
- ½ scoop Vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted, grass-fed butter (I use Kerigold Unsalted)
- 1 tablespoon MCT Oil or Brain Octane Oil
- 2 tablespoons Maple Bourbon Pumpkin Butter (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Brew your favorite coffee of choice.
- While coffee is brewing, add the rest of the ingredients to your blender or Vitamix.
- Add your coffee once done brewing. Blend all ingredients together starting on low and increasing speed to high. Allow to blend on high for 30 seconds. This will aerate your coffee to give you that creamy, frothy foam your are looking for at the top of your latte.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy!